Monday 7 January 2013

Kimberley to Cape Town - Final Stretch

So I got a little impatient to get to Cape Town and decided to do the remaining 955 km by means of a train from Kimberley to Worcester and then ride the 100 some odd kilometers from Worcester to Cape Town.  Exactly 40 km outside of Cape Town (after flying down Sir Lowry's Pass through gale force winds next to huge trucks etc), my scooter overheated and cut out in the middle of the N2.  I managed to get to a petrol station and waited for about an hour for my scoot to cool down.  The remaining 40 km on the N2 was done at about 50/60 km/h, negotiating trucks, taxis and vehicles exiting at off-ramps.  Fun times!

As you can see, I arrived in one piece to see Table Mountain in all it's glory.

So...
Johannesburg to Cape Town via Lesotho in 6 days. +-1200 km on the road. +- 1000 by rail.

Mission accomplished!








No comments:

Post a Comment